A family run business selling healthy and hearty food from St James' Park Station 7:30am-3pm Mon-Fri (for breakfast and lunch) and Battersea Studios 11am-2:30pm. We also deliver wholesale and do events for cafes, gyms other businesses and privately. Phonebox temporarily closed while we focus on St James' Park station and Battersea Studios - re-opening the phonebox this Autumn.
Breakfast buffet: fill a regular pot (£2.25) or large pot (£3) with whatever you fancy from: porridge, gluten free and dairy free porridge, homemade granola, muesli, bran, fresh cut fruit, various dried fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut, yoghurt, almond milk, soya milk, semi-skimmed milk, and all sorts to sprinkle! And excellent £1 coffee (and decaf) from Old Spike Roastery!
Lunch menu Wednesday 20 September 2017 (dishes change at least every two days):
Choose whatever you fancy from the dishes below, fill the box, add a meat/fish skewer if you like. We can put into a sweet potato/jacket potato for free or a wrap if you like.
* Cajun chicken
* Smoked mackerel
- Quinoa, squash, kale, feta, walnuts and dried cranberries in a balsamic dressing
- Roast parsnip and potato with goats cheese, rocket, pear and gherkins in a Dijon and lemon dressing
- Beetroot, fennel and blood orange with coriander in a lime, lemon and extra virgin olive oil dressing.
- Chickpeas, vine tomatoes, capers, broad beans, red onion and parsley in a harissa and lemon dressing
- Tabbouleh with pomegranate, vine tomatoes, parsley, pumpkin seeds, bulgur wheat, fine beans, red onion, chilli in red wine vinegar dressing
- Basmati rice, halloumi, broccoli, sweetcorn, spring onions, mint and roast red pepper in a chilli, garlic, lime and ginger dressing
- Apple, pear, feta, cucumber, pomegranate seeds sunflower seeds, red onion and pistachios in a pomegranate, cider vinegar, Henderson's relish, sweet chilli and lemon dressing
- Mixed leaf salad with a French vinaigrette
We serve generous portions and by container size rather than weight so you know exactly what it will cost beforehand.
See below for what else we offer and to send an enquiry.
"Was really really impressed and that's from someone who generally despises salads! Tasted like a treat not a chore." Chris Roberts
"I love this. I love love love this.…..he is now the talk of the town while whipping up a salad storm!" Poppyloves.co.uk
"They're all about a big hearty midday meal that combines seasonal veg with sexy dressings and protein hits" homemadebyyou.co.uk
"Tasty lunches" Huffington Post
"It's the perfect breath of fresh air for a much-loved British icon" Metro
"Hearty filing salads" Londonist
"Oh and your salad was lovely by the way." Alex, manager of startisans.net food market
"Thanks for the salads, they’re delicious, don’t think I’ve ever eaten a salad that quickly, nor been as full after." Dan, founder Supernatural juice and smoothie bars
"Number 1 in the salad league! Go check them out people" Burgaffair
"The food was amazing - thank you for recommending." Debbie from Wedding Wonders
"Straight up salad bangers!" Kev Harwood
"Thanks for the amazing salad! Will definitely be back!" Anneka Freeman
"Best salad I've had in ages" David Berrecloth
"Genuinely the best lunch for a long long time." Dave Low
More reviews on the Who We Are page
FIVE A DAY
REVIVED FOR THE AFTERNOON
We use quality ingredients to create five healthy yet tasty and filling salads, with fine combinations of flavours and textures. Full of proteins, vitamins and minerals, we don't undo that hard work with unhealthy dressings, rather sensible amounts of vinegars, citrus, oils, herbs and spice. Handy if you're trying to be good.
We make the salads locally using seasonal produce and serve into bio-degradable and recyclable packaging. So we're trying to be good too.
What else we offer
Established in 2011 we have served our healthy, hearty food at:
- corporate events
- food markets
- private events up to 400 people, including wedding receptions
We can bring one of our carts to your office and we can deliver wholesale.
We have served with the trusty carts and without and as well as our salads, stews and griddled meat and fish we are happy to serve platters and more. Contact us for more information (including prices for event orders) and to discuss the perfect menu for you.
We cater for all sorts of events, at all times of the day, grand or intimate in scale.